[Fcalerts e-Update] Action Alert from The Firearms Coalition

The Firearms Coalition's e-Update fcalerts-list at mailman.modwest.com
Tue May 20 23:08:14 MDT 2014

PA Reciprocity Problems

Our friends in Pennsylvania need our help.

Their Attorney General has taken it upon herself to ignore the statutory
limits on her power and modify - and even cancel - longstanding reciprocity
agreements with other states.  Recently she has made changes to the
reciprocity agreements with Virginia, Florida, and Arizona, and she has
canceled reciprocity agreements with Idaho and Utah.

I suspect that Mike Bloomberg or the Legal Center Against Violence - or
whatever those rights-hating San Francisco lawyers are calling themselves
this week - have been whispering in the AG's ear and convinced her that she
can get away with this BS.  If that's the case, be on the lookout for
similar actions in other states.

Right now, we need to put pressure on Pennsylvania politicians to rein in
the AG and force her to respect the rights of Pennsylvanians and folks who
would like to visit that state.

If you are a PA resident, please contact your state legislators demanding
that they get their Attorney General under control.

Whether you're a PA resident or not, please let the Governor know that
you're not happy about the situation.  Not only does this mean that those
of us wishing to visit PA are more likely to have problems carrying our
personal defense arms, but Pennsylvanians wishing to visit other states are
now at greater risk.

Tourism is a major industry in Pennsylvania and that got a boost a few
years ago when the National Park Service ban on lawful carry on NPS lands
was lifted - opening up battlefield parks like Gettysburg to those of us
who avoid going where we can't go armed.  That is now being jeopardized by
the extra-statutory actions of this rogue AG.

If you've ever considered visiting Pennsylvania, let the Governor know that
those plans are on hold until such time as the PA AG stops threatening the
rights of responsible, licensed, law-abiding visitors.

The Governor's email address is: Governor at PA.gov

Here is the note I've sent him.  Please use it as a guide to send him a
note of your own to let him know that his AG is costing his state business.
You don't have to say a lot, just let him know you're not happy and you're
going to avoid

Dear Governor Corbett:

I'm very disappointed to learn that your Attorney General, Kathleen Kane,
has chosen to exceed her statutory authority and modify or delete
reciprocity agreements concerning the discreet carry of personal defense
firearms.  My home state of Arizona and the state of Utah, where I have
maintained a non-resident permit for a number of years, have been targeted.
While it is possible that I personally could legally carry my firearm in
Pennsylvania - as I have been lawfully and responsibly doing for over three
decades all over this country, I will not lend my support and tourist
dollars to a state that is actively trying to infringe on my, and my fellow
citizens' rights.
I guess I'll take my grandson to visit the Manassas and Fredericksburg,
Virginia battlefields instead of Gettysburg this summer.  I'm also letting
my friends know about this situation and encouraging them to suspend any
planned visits to PA and to avoid doing business with PA-based businesses
until this situation is resolved.
I hope you and the legislature will act quickly to bring this rogue
politician into compliance with PA statutes and demonstrate that
Pennsylvania still respects individual rights.
Please let me know when your state is again open for business and tourism.

Sincerely,

    Jeff Knox
    Buckeye, Arizona

The Governor is a Republican and generally friendly to our cause.  Let him
know that the gun-unfriendly Democrat AG is hurting his state with her
overreaching, extra-statutory meddling.  Please send a quick note to
Governor Corbett right now, then forward this Alert to your
rights-supporting friends.

Primary Season

Primary season has already started.  Primary dates vary in each state, but
it is a great opportunity for you to have an impact because so few people
vote in the primaries.  Inexplicably, the NRA does not make endorsements in
contested primaries - denying pro-rights candidates their support, and
often leaving voters with a choice between two anti-rights candidates in
November.

Jeff Knox takes a look at the importance of primaries in the latest Knox
Report, now available at www.FirearmsCoalition.org.

If you're not receiving our bi-monthly newsletter, The Hard Corps Report,
please consider subscribing at www.FirearmsCoalition.org.  Also please
consider making a donation to help us in the fight.

Please help us spread the word by "Liking" us on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/FirearmsCoalition>,
and sharing our columns and information with your friends and family.
Together we can protect our rights and save our republic.

Yours for the Second Amendment,

The Firearms Coalition
[image: Inline image 1]

This E-Alert was sent from The Firearms Coalition to our friends and
supporters.  If it was forwarded to you, you can register for Alerts and
Updates at www.FirearmsCoaliton.org <http://www.firearmscoaliton.org/>.  We
never share or sell your information.

*There was a recent problem with our email server which caused some list
members to be erroneously deleted.  We were able to recover the deleted
members, but in the recovery process could have inadvertently restored some
list members who had requested to be removed.  We apologize if you
requested removal and are again receiving these Alerts.  It is our
intention to always honor removal requests promptly.*

*If you do not wish to receive occasional Alerts, Updates, and Reports from
The Firearms Coalition, just let us know.*

You can reply to this email with the word *Remove* in the subject and we
will take care of it, or you can follow the instructions below and manage
your own account.